The mission of the Jefferson County Education Service District is to provide support services to constituent school districts in order to improve their abilities to meet the educational need of students. The District will focus on those services which can be most efficiently provided on a regional, cooperative basis rather than through the efforts of individual school districts.
• Programs for Children with Special Needs
• Technology Support
• School Improvement Services
• Administrative and Support Services
• Assist component school districts in meeting the requirements of state and federal law
• Improve student learning
• Enhance the quality of instruction provided to students
• Provide professional development to component school district employees
• Enable component school districts and the students who attend schools in those districts to have equitable access to resources
• Maximize operational and fiscal efficiencies for component school districts
GED Testing in Jefferson County will continue to be provided by the Jefferson County ESD. This service has been provided for over ten years by the Jefferson County ESD.
Testing is on Saturdays at the Jefferson County ESD office located at 295 SE Buff St., Madras, Oregon. You must register prior to testing…we do not take walk-ins. Testing is open to anyone needing a GED and if you started testing in another center you may continue testing at JCESD.
The State of Oregon has increased the testing fee by $10 so the new fee is $145.00 as of July 1, 2011.
For more information call the GED Chief Examiner at (541)306-9271.