In remembrance of Steve Rankin, JCESD Board Chair, active community member and advocate for the children and teachers of Jefferson County, the Jefferson County Educational Service District Board of Directors has re-established a grant program to assist teachers and classrooms. All Jefferson County public school teachers are eligible to apply for funds under this program. The District plans to award up to ten (10) grants of $500 for the 2016-17 school year. The application can be downloaded here: Steve Rankin Memorial Mini-Grant Application
Applications will be available on-line in April of 2016. Jefferson County public school teachers that are returning for the 2016-17 school year may apply for funds up to $500. Proposals are due to the ESD office by 4:00 PM Friday, May 27, 2016. Successful applicants will be notified following the June, 2016 ESD board meeting. In the event a winning recipient will not return for the 2016-17 school year, the grant funds may be awarded to the classroom or school which it was awarded and upon ESD Board approval.
The Board will select proposals for funding. Criteria to be considered in the selection process will include:
• Projects should be related to expanding opportunities and experiences for teachers and/or students to enhance efforts in providing vocational, career and hands-on opportunities.
• The project has clearly stated and measurable learning outcomes.
• A well-designed plan on how the recipient will report the project's results to the Jefferson County ESD Board of Directors needs to be incorporated into the application. This can be a written response, an invitation to observe the activity, or a presentation to the Jefferson County ESD Board of Directors at a regular meeting.
• Joint proposals serving multiple classrooms are encouraged and should be referenced in the submittal.
• A signature of support from the school principal or administration is required.
• The funds are to be used to supplement and not supplant regular building expenditures. No funds may be carried over or revolved into any school or local district budget.
Proposals need to include the application page, applicable signatures, and may attach no more than a single sheet of paper to include all the selection criteria. Joint proposals are allowable with each teacher being eligible for up to $500. An individual teacher may receive only one (1) award per school year.
Successful proposals will identify benefits to be obtained and will address all of the selection criteria.
Grant recipients must agree to provide the Jefferson County ESD with any information and/or documentation as required.
All expenditures under this program will be made through the Jefferson County ESD. Requisitions will be on the Jefferson County ESD requisition form and subject to Jefferson County ESD accounting requirements. Allowable expenditures include, but are not limited to, supplies, books, materials, periodicals, computer software, hardware, conference or class registrations and allowable travel. All expenditures must take place during the 2016-17 school year and processed prior to May 31, 2017.
Inquiries or applications should be addressed to Cindy Stanfield;
Via email at: email@example.com
Via mail at: Jefferson County ESD
Attn: Cindy Stanfield
295 SE Buff Street
Madras, Oregon 97741